Tuesday, October 18, 2011

I Have Become a God!

Yesterday I announced that I was leaving DIS, which should be Dushanbe International School, but is actually Did I Stutter? I named it that because the animals yelp so much all day that I have to repeat myself at least 10 fold in every class. The boys touch each other and then try and touch the girls and you don't want to know ehere their hands have been!

With grade 9 class, the most hated group in the school, I announced that I would be giving homework every night and quizzes the next day and that this would go on until I leave so that the bright students...OK, not bright, but somewhat, willing students will at least do the homework and thus gain some knowledge and that some would fail if I had my way about it because I know they won't do the  homework. I also explained that the better students would get extra points on the quizzes and that the ones who talk too much will just fail as I had planned. I specifically called out two boys and explained to them that my goal before I leave is to have them fail if possible so that their parents will realize they have wasted money on them and send them to a public school so that the teacher after me doesn't have to deal with them. They got angry, but I explained that I am kind of like God in that I can't be fired and unlike them, I have an American passport so that I can go anywhere I choose while they are relegated to Kyrgystan and Dubai, though to be fair, Kyrgystan isn't so bad despite the squalor. They had no answer to that. An answer would have required thought.

Tomorrow, I will be kind to the little kids unless they piss me off. I found out today that I can throw a 10th grader's full packpack 40 feet down a corridor. It makes me wonder what I can do with a with a briefcase and a little whirling hammer throw action.

No comments:

Post a Comment